jeudi 12 mars 2015

I see your PSN problem, I raise you my case where I got scammed with a Paypal charge back and forced to repay $1,414.00 or be banned forever.


Saw on the front page of Reddit that someone had their PSN account hacked and was charged $400 something for it. That is awful, I truly sympathize. I had a similar problem with Paypal.


Paypal opened the doors for scam artists and knows full well what the problem is, yet refuse to close the loop hole. The scam is called the Paypal Chargeback Scam. It is performed by someone purchasing something from you, you ship the item, they receive it and immediately call their Bank/Credit Service and report Identity Theft.


Their Bank will call Paypal and have your account withdrawn the cost of the item. In my case, someone purchased a set of Audeze headphones from me that cost $1,414.00


The person received them. 21 days later, he filed an Identity Theft claim with his Bank and Paypal "automatically" refunded $1,414.00 out of my account. He got to keep the headphone and also got a full refund. I, however was forced to either Pay almost 1.5 thousand dollars back to Paypal because at the time of his claim, I had a 0 balance. So, I was put into negative -$1,414. Paypal took this out of my account without permission, without notification and did not let me contest it. It was automatic. As soon as his bank called Paypal, they deducted $1,414 out of my account and never notified me of any of it.


I filed a police report. The person claiming Identity Theft did not file a police report. I did some investigating and found the same user who have done the same charge back scam on others. I proved it with Paypal. Paypal said they don't care. Either I pay back the full amount, or they ban my account.


I filed a BBB report. I get a near immediate response in a few hours and after a few days of exchanges, they reduce the fee by half. They still want me to pay $700+ to them for this. I said no.


Anyone can do this scam without repercussions. Paypal does not investigate your claim of Identity Theft and does not require you to provide a police report.


This is how business works today. The Banks, credit services and Paypal are supposed to protect you from these types of things, but when they happen you are shoved out the door. You actually have to pay them for being a victim. Pretty awful stuff. I had years and years of positive feedback, not one negative feedback against me for years of being a Paypal user. This scammer was a brand new Paypal user and was fully trusted over me, he also removed his personal information, delinked his bank account and his contact information near instantly after he received his full refund that I had no choice in the matter of. Paypal still sided with him instead of me despite all of that.



submitted by 24bits to personalfinance

[link] [117 comments]



from reddit: the front page of the internet http://ift.tt/1GHyU7I
Categories:

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire